FROM DARK RED TO AN OMBRE ROSE GOLD: MY HAIR STORY

Hello Blissful People,

From tangles to an oily scalp, hair can be such a pain to take care of sometimes. I had been dying my hair dark red with the Garnier Olia hair dye for at least 4 years when I decided I wanted rose gold hair. My inspiration for the look came from Guy Tang 's video. I scheduled a consult with a local hair stylist to see if I would need to lighten my hair over multiple weeks to get my desired look. My hair stylist said we could do it all in one day and I trusted her so we scheduled my appointment for the following week. (I had no idea what I would be in for that day.)


Before

When the day came she first tried to use Olaplex to lighten my hair. She left this on for 30 minutes and it made no difference to my hair. So she decided to proceed with bleaching my hair. I assumed that this would be enough to lighten my hair. However it was not. When she washed the bleach out and dried my hair my roots were almost white, but the rest of my hair was an orangey red. She decided to bleach my hair for the second time. She applied the bleach all over my head and then stuck me under the heat for 30 more minutes. When she washed the bleach out and dried my hair for the second time my roots were white and the rest of my hair was still a very light orange.


During

My hair stylist decided to just go ahead with the dyeing process. She put a darker rose gold on the top half of my hair and then a lighter shade towards the bottom. She washed this out of my hair and my hair was bright pink. It was nowhere near the shade I wanted. She decided to darken it up with some brown. So she applied more dye to my hair and let it sit. After she washed and dried my hair my roots were still bright pink so she applied more brown dye and this finally got rid of that bright pink. By this point my scalp was so sore from being scrubbed so much and my hair was so damaged from the bleach that I regretted my decision to get my hair done.
The finished look

The rosey color faded from my hair within a week and I was left with brassy orange hair. My scalp was also so dry from the bleach that it was starting to look like I had dandruff. I decided to buy the Joico Color Balance Blue Shampoo from ULTA to combat the brassiness and I bought the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Extreme Emergency Recovery Mask from Walmart. I used the shampoo three times a week and the conditioner once a week for one hour. My hair still looks a little brassy but the shampoo really did help. The deep conditioner has also saved my dry scalp and my damaged hair. After one month my hair is now less brassy and less damaged than it initially was.
It  has definitely come a long way this past month.





One Week After
(It is hard to see the brassiness)



What I have learned from this:
1. Do not use box dye (If two rounds of bleach does not remove the color, it must be bad for your hair)
2. Do not do multiple bleach sessions and heat on your hair in one day.
3. The L'Oréal Hair Mask is AMAZING!

I really hope you enjoyed reading my post


! Comment if you have had any bad/weird hair dye experiences.

P.S. I was happy with the initial color the hair stylist dyed my hair and she was great!


Comments